Job is not currently available.
Position Summary: Responsible for analyzing collected data and investigating root causes and countermeasures for in-house concerns and customer request.
Expectation of Employee:
- Adhere to Policies and Safety Practices
- Demonstrates Ability to prioritize workload
- Effective time management
- Mutual respect and strong teamwork
- Maintain a good attendance record
- Follow Stop, Call, Wait Policy
Required Education and Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-3 years of quality experience
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Excellent Attendance
- Maintain 5S
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Analyze information and data
- Investigate root causes and countermeasures
- Communication with other departments, management and customers
- Able to travel when needed
- Ability to create reports and read drawings
- Complete training when scheduled
- Complete all tasks as they pertain to IQMS
Non Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Language/Communication Skills – Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Investigation Skills – Ability to collect and analyze data while investigating root causes and countermeasures.
- Ability to use various tools and gages as they relate to quality.
- Ability to work overtime when required and on short notice
- Training Skills – Ability to train others on equipment and documentation.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to: stand, walk, use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms, reach overhead, handle, feel objects, use QA tools, talk, hear, see, and hear. On occasion, the employee is required to bend, push, pull, squat, kneel, stoop, balance, crawl, and lift up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment/Conditions: The Quality Production Engineer will spend time both in the office and on the plant floor. The office noise is level is moderate. The plant environment noise level is loud. Although the plant is climate controlled, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. PPE consisting of a hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, long sleeves, and ear plugs, must be worn at all times when entering and working in the plant. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to moving equipment, moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, dust, vibration, sharp metal parts, weld sparks/flash and smoke. Gloves must be worn while handling parts. An fire resistant (FR) shirt is assigned to the employee and must be when entering and working in the welding department.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between manager and employee