Position Summary: The Engineering Jig Specialist has the primary responsibilities of maintaining production welding jig. This includes controlling Jig components such as Jig pins, Jig nest blocks, Jig clamps, proximity sensors. Additionally Jig Specialist will be responsible for Weld Quality Verification.
TOA USA Expectation of Employee:
- Adhere to TOA (USA) Policies and Safety Practices
- Mutual respect and strong teamwork
- Follow Stop, Call, Wait policy
- Excellent attendance
- Ability to measure using calipers and gauges
- Working knowledge of common hand tools
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent motivational skills
- High school diploma or GED
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Excellent Attendance
- Work on jigs
- Jig checks
- Replace out of spec parts
- Allocate use of available resources
- Compile reports and present to Management group
Non Essential Functions:
- Other duties as assigned
Success Factors/Job competencies:
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Commitment to company values
- Teamwork – Ability to motivate, encourage and support associates and other staff in a team environment setting.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to see, hear, talk, stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, and reach with hands and arms. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The plant environment noise level is loud. Although the plant is climate controlled, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. PPE consisting of a hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, long sleeves, and ear plugs must be worn at all times when entering or working in the plant. Gloves must be worn when handling parts. When entering the plant, the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts, moving equipment, fumes, airborne particles, dust, vibration, weld sparks/flash, and smoke. A fire resistant (FR) jacket or shirt is assigned when entering /working in the welding department.
Performance Standards: Annual performance appraisal.Apply Now