Position Summary: Responsible for tool and die repair.
TOA USA Expectation of Employee:
- Adhere to TOA (USA) Policies and Safety Practices
- Maintain a respectful and positive attitude
- Follow Stop, Call, Wait Policy
Required Education and Work Experience:
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Repair metal stamping dies – all types draw, trim, progressive, pierce
- Assist with trouble shooting die performance issues
- Perform preventative maintenance on dies
- Operate crane and forklift
- Maintain cleanliness of Tool & Die department
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Knowledge of various types of steel stamping dies
- Die welding experience (TIG & ARC Welding)
- Experience with hand grinding techniques using all types of grinding equipment
- Must have ability to operate crane and forklift
Education and Work Experience:
- Some knowledge of conventional machining operations preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree preferred in Tool and Die trade
- Five years’ experience in Tool and Die field preferred but not required
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, see, hear, talk, reach with hands and arms, push, pull, bend, stoop, squat, crawl, twist, turn, and will be required to lift up to 50 lbs. when working on dies. Upon occasion, the employee may be required to sit while doing work. Vision requirements consist of: close vision at 20 inches or less, color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point), ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Work Environment: The plant environment noise level is loud. Although the plant is climate controlled, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. PPE consisting of a hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, and ear plugs must be worn at all times when entering and working in the plant. Gloves must be worn when performing certain duties of this job and when handling parts. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical equipment, moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, dust, weld sparks/flash, smoke, and vibration. The employee must wear a fire resistant (FR) jacket when welding.Apply Now