Job is not currently available.
Position Summary: Responsible for maintaining fixed asset records, maintain sales journal records, serve as backup to Accounting Manager/Coordinator; ensure timely accurate financial statements.
TOA USA Expectation:
- Adhere to TOA (USA) Policies and Safety Practices
- Mutual respect and strong team work
- Maintain a good attendance record
- Follow Stop, Call, Wait policy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
- One to two years’ experience
- Experience in lean manufacturing environments
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Excellent Attendance
- Duties related to processing sales
- Maintaining sub-ledger fixed asset system (Adds-Deletions/Depreciation-Disposals), assigned GL accounts and reconciliations
- GAAP Accounting
- Maintaining IFS GL accounts – related to fixed assets and CIP
- Month End functions – Includes Japanese translation F/S preparation and translation
- Perform other duties as assigned
Success factors/job competencies:
- Language skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and general public.
- Reasoning ability – Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, excel, power point, and other accounting software
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Problem analysis and problem solving – ability to identify problems, apply critical thinking skills, and determine a course of action
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is also required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, reach with hands and arms, see, talk, and hear. Most of the time will be spent sitting at a computer throughout the shift. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus while working at computer.
Work Environment: The office environment noise level is moderate. The plant environment noise level is loud. Although the plant is climate controlled, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. PPE consisting of a hard hat, safety glasses, earplugs, steel toe shoes and long sleeves must be worn at all times when entering and working in the plant. Gloves must be worn when handling parts. While walking through or working in the plant, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, airborne particles, welding sparks/flash (when entering the welding department), and vibration. Welding jacket must be worn if walking/working in welding department.
- Annual performance appraisal
- Attainment of annual goals established between manager and employee